Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthday Party----Part One

Here are some pictures of the decorations and food from Mylin's birthday party. I have been planning her party forever and I think it turned out great. I was pretty nervous because we were having an outside party (BBQ and swimming at one of the pools at our apartment complex) and it was saying 60% chance of rain! I wanted to change the party to the next week, but Tim said no (because my family was coming!) so I just kept praying it wouldn't rain! It was pretty cloudy and a little chilly, but people still swam and the rain held off until that night.


Anyways...just a quick thanks to all my friends and family who helped me with this party. You guys rock!

This is the pool. The BBQ grill and food table is behind this picture.





My friend Regan made this banner for me. I ran out of time to make one so I just wasn't going to have one, but she made one for me without me even asking her to. Yeah, she's awesome.




Oh yeah...the theme for the party was butterflies. And the colors pink, purple, and green.




My sister designed the labels for the water bottles. My sister is a rockstar.


These are little party favors for the kids who came. They got candy and bubbles. The girls got that plus little butterfly hair clips.

This was probably my favorite thing there. This is a banner with all the "month" pictures, going from 1 Month to 12 Months! (There are little butterflies on the banner too.) I just love seeing how much she has grown.


So we had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, fruit, and fruit dip...but that wasn't very exciting to take a picture of. So use your imagination! What I was most excited for was the treat table! (Yes, I know I went a little overboard. My brother reminded me that I was ridiculous many times! Whatever...your first baby only turns one once!)




Anyways...here is the treat table.

Some strawberry suckers that say Happy Birthday Mylin!


Marshmallow Pops. (Thank you mom and Kalli for helping me with the treats! I would have lost my mind if you guys wouldn't have been there!)

Chocolate Covered Oreos.


Sugar Cookies. I already made butterfly shaped sugar cookies the day my family got there but my mom surprised me with more cookies (the bigger ones) from Sweet Cakes (an awesome bakery in AZ that Kalli's aunt owns). They were delicious!

For some reason I didn't get a picture of these...but look in the corner of the cookie picture. See that little butterfly lollipop? We had lots of those floating around. Too cute.






I made these red velvet cupcakes. The butterfly toppers are edible butterflies I got from sweetdejavu on Etsy.

And these beautiful cakes were made by a lady in my ward. I know, I know....overboard. But she gave me a great deal! And her cakes are awesome. And go big or go home, right?! Haha.




Ok...Those are pretty much all the pictures of the decorations and food. I'll be posting more pictures of the actual birthday party soon. (I had a ton of pictures, so I couldn't fit it all in one post!)

8 comments:

  1. Holy smokes girl! You're AMAZING! You are my inspiration for my baby's first party (whenever that will be ;)! Beautiful job! Those treats looked delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, it's official... Hadley got the shaft compared to Mylin :) Amazing! Everything looked so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tori!! Looks like everything turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Tori! Looks gorgeous! And yummy! I always told myself that I won't do anything big for my kid's first birthday party because, heck, they can't even remember it! Now that I have a baby though I totally know that I too am going to go overboard on his 1st birthday party. You're right, your first baby only turns one once:) Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori, everything is awesome! I love love love the butterfly theme. So cute. oh, and the banner of pictures from every month is adorable...you should hang that in her room! I wish we could have been there, it looks like you had a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! Everything looks great! I would have loved to get my hands on that treat table...everything looked so good! Can't believe she is already 1!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so cute! You did so good! I can't wait for part 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Tori! Seriously!!!! You should do party throwing for a living. It looks great! You did a beautiful job! now I want to see a picture of Mylin:)

    ReplyDelete