Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surprise!

I have been planning Mylin's birthday party for a while (which we had on Saturday. MANY pictures of that to come soon.) and I have been bugging my brother and pretty much everyone to come for her birthday. I just wanted some family to come. But I knew it was kinda unrealistic to ask anyone to come because it is a long way for a little birthday party. Soon it was apparent that no family would be able to make the trip. I was bummed. And a little homesick. But back to my brother...so he told me they wouldn't be able to come because of money and he couldn't take off work. Okay. I completely understand that. But then, the week before Mylin's party, they went to Mexico. Not cool! So I was a little annoyed at Nathan that he would go to Mexico but not come see us! Then on Thursday Nathan calls me and is telling me all about how this weekend (the weekend of Mylin's party) he and Kalli were going to Vegas with some friends and they got a great deal on hotel rooms and blah blah blah....I was FURIOUS! I was like...just come here if you have work off! It will be perfect. Just come. And he was like...No, I'm just gonna go to Vegas with my friends. I was soooo mad at him! I call Tim and I'm like...my brother is so selfish. Come to find out, my brother and his wife and my mom bought tickets to fly out for Mylin's birthday like 2 months ago! And while I'm complaining to Tim, my brother is in the backseat dying laughing. (Tim picked them up from the airport.) Anyways...sorry this is so wordy. But they came for Mylin's party and we had a great time! (And I am probably never gonna live down the "selfish" remark.)


On Friday, we decided to go to Solvang.






Gav got a cool new hat and a camo backpack.




They loved playing in this fountain. Mylin kept trying to climb in.



My favorite picture of the day. This is outside of a shoe store. Of course we had to go to the beach.





Mylin had such a fun time playing with her cousin.







Thanks mom and Nate and Kalli and Gavin for coming for Mylin's birthday. We had such a fun time and we miss you already!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Surprises are the best!! I love all the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! What a great surprise! And kudos to Tim for keeping it a secret- Steve would never have been able to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun!!! Thanks Tori, Tim and Mylin for such a fun trip!!! I am so tired of lying to you so we could surprise you!!! Feel like I need to see the Bishop!!! Love and miss you!! Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hilarious! So glad they got to go see you, even if they were sneaky!

    ReplyDelete