Thursday, January 6, 2011

Part 2- Sledding

When we were in Arizona, we wanted to go sledding. So we (Me, Tim, Mylin, Nate, Kalli, Gavin, my mom) packed up the sleds and headed for the mountains. There wasn't a whole lot of snow, but Nathan knew of a place that would work. (Ironically, the next day it snowed SOO much that we got stuck in Eagar for a few days until the roads were better.)
Anyways, we made a fire and had Smores and hot chocolate. We also made these banana treats where you cut open a banana and fill it with chocolate chips and marshmallows and wrap it in tinfoil and put it in the fire. Pretty yummy!
Mylin loved the snow!

Ok so Tim wanted to put Mylin on a sled and came up with this idea! He strapped her in her carseat and then tied the carseat onto a sled and then pulled it behind the truck! Ok. Not really. He just pulled her himself! But seriously it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! Mylin had a blast!



Then we put Gavin in there and he was loving it! I don't know why, but it was seriously really funny! We could not stop laughing.



After a while, we tied some sleds behind the truck and went for a ride. (Can you spot Tim? He's kinda hard to see. He just blended right into the scenery!)




Cute Gav.









We had a great time.


7 comments:

  1. That looks like such a blast! I am cracking up about the car seat sled idea...love it! I was wondering what happened to you guys, we're bummed we didn't get to see you, but glad you made it back ok. Hopefully we'll get another chance soon. It sounds like you had a wondeful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I LOVE the baby sled! It gave me a good laugh..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! The car seat on the sled... so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, we had so much fun! It was fun hanging out with you guys while you were here! Come back soon, we miss you guys! and for some reason it wont log onto my account so this is kalli. not lindsey! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! We'll have to try that sometime! Hehe Tim's bright orange jacket cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous I have been wanting to go sledding forever..I don't miss the cold but if I'm going to be in the cold I want to be sledding..so much fun. The car seat strapped on the sled is hilarious! very creative though..glad you guys had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I was sick during Christmas and didn't get to go when my family all went. :( By the way, I barely got your text on Wed. (last) when we came home. I'm so bummed. Also, I love Mylin's snow suit!

    ReplyDelete