Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mylin

*Prepare for a long post! *

I thought I would do a little update on Mylin. Mylin is turning into such a big girl. She is talking so much more and is really sweet. She is super, super active and in to everything.  The other day I couldn't find her and she was hiding from me. On top of the refrigerator. She is seriously such a handful! She was also walking across the stove the other day to get a steak knife because she needed to cut her banana. She is constantly climbing up and walking across her bookshelf when she is supposed to be napping. She is always climbing on something. She likes to turn the laundry baskets upside down and put them on top of my bed and try to stand on them. Sometimes she tries to put a chair on top of the laundry basket on top of my bed and stand on it. I swear if we make it to her fifth birthday without a broken bone, I will be amazed!

Mylin preferred method of going down the slide at the park is headfirst. On her back.

She is finally tall enough to ride on this roller coaster in Toon Town at Disneyland and she LOVED it! She rode it the first time with Tim and had her hands up almost the whole time! Then I rode with her and she was laughing and when we got done, she was like "Again, again!" So Tim went with her again! She's a fan. We can't wait until she's taller to go on more rides.




She has been in a little dance class since September and had her little recital in December. She was the youngest one there by like 6 months but most were at least a year older. Her attention span was not that long, but she had fun. Her teacher, Miss Marci, does this thing where the girls do a slide step and she claps a pattern. One day Mylin was out playing and she was doing the slide and saying "slide, slide" and then she came up to me and said, "Mom. You go clap, clap!"- She knew I was supposed to clap when she did that!

This was from her Christmas Dance Recital. Their main dance was to Here Comes Suzy Snowflake. It was so fun to watch her. She was doing her own thing for most of the recital, but it was still cute!








Now that she's talking, she's making me laugh all the time. A while back Tim was telling her goodnight and this is how it went:
Tim: I love you Mylin.
Mylin: I love you too.
Tim: I love you more.
Mylin: I love mommy more!

The next night:

Tim: I love you Mylin.
Mylin: I love you too.
Tim: Do you love me a lot?
Mylin: No I love mommy a lot!
Tim: Do you love me a little?
Mylin: No. I love Kale a little!

But today it went like this: "I love mommy more. I love Kale a lot. I love daddy a little!" - Tim feels better now that he's getting included because he's been left out for like a month!

She's always saying, "Two minutes." She wants to play for two minutes, go to the store in two minutes, etc. 

She loves hot chocolate, pasta, bananas, apples, 'elmo' (oatmeal!), dunker eggs, and that's about it. She hates meat, but that's not new. She's never really liked meat. 



She's been potty trained since October. She actually picked it up pretty quickly. The first two days were AWFUL. After the third day, she didn't have any accidents for three weeks. Then when we had visitors, she had a ton of accidents (one at Disneyland while I was changing Kale's diaper and she was standing by the toilets and just peed everywhere. I was trying to clean her up, the pee up, holding Kale, and my stroller was far away with Tim's mom, so I had to run across a restaurant place with Kale and Mylin (Who had no pants on)  and holding her pee clothes. It was great.) But she does really good and usually never needs reminders. 

She loves to sing the ABC's, Jingle Bells, and Twinkle Twinkle. She's starting to count pretty good. 

She loves Christmas lights, Mickey Mouse, painting her toes, wearing skirts, playing with friends. and reading books.

She is a tough girl. We were having dinner at a friends house and she was running around with the kids and she ran right into a bookcase. She cried for like one second and then was off running again. I didn't think anything of it because she was off playing and didn't act like it hurt at all and then after a few minutes my friend was like, "We should probably check out Mylin's head because she hit pretty hard". So we looked and she had this huge bump on her head! We iced it for a while and she was fine, but the bump stayed around for a while.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of her in the sand and dancing! POOR eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cute little dare devil! I love the laundry basket on the bed with a chair on top... Everett is so not the adventurous type like Mylin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Hadley did that two minute thing forever!!! Everything was two minutes!!

    ReplyDelete