Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Candy Castle and a Ponytail

This year I decided I wanted to invite a few friends over for a little Christmas party. We had some food and hot chocolate and made graham cracker houses. My family makes these every year and I love doing them, so I thought it would be fun with friends.
We decided to make it a boy/girl competition. I'll show you the pics and you tell me who you think won!
Here is the boys' house.
Yes, it is sound and sturdy and huge and awesomely built. (Good thing we had 8 boxes of graham crackers!)
But as you can see, after they spent so much time making an awesome "mansion", they were too tired to decorate it! (This is the final product.)
The missionaries in our ward dropped by so they decided to make a house. They made an LDS Temple complete with an Angel Moroni.

And here is the girls' "Candy Castle". Ya we know it's awesome!


We had such a fun time and we think ours was the best!
These are my friends Ashley and Regan.


On a different note...Mylin's hair can kinda fit into a ponytail now! More like a little horn or something, but it is still cute! It makes her seem really old though, so it's a little hard to get used to.




This was at our ward Christmas party. First time rockin the pony.




And for your enjoyment, here is a picture of Mylin that cracks me up! She climbed into this tiny box and was laying down in it and she fit perfectly! It was so funny! By the time I got my camera out, she was crawling out of it, but it was pretty dang funny.


4 comments:

  1. I remember thinking that Hadley didn't even look like a baby anymore the first time I put her hair in a ponytail! It's way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty AMAZING graham cracker castles! What a great job! Celise has one long hair that would be long enough for a ponytail so, I think it's pretty awesome that Mylin is sporting a full-ish pony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the girls won hands down! I love the pony...she almost has as much hair as Layne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys got a ton of candy on that house..must have taken forever! Looks like fun! The pony is super cute!

    ReplyDelete