Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kale: 1 Month

I missed posting Kale's Month One picture. The first few weeks after Kale was born was REALLY hard. I was (am) having a hard time adjusting to two kids and when Kale was about 2 weeks I started feeling sick. Really sick. I kept thinking I would start to feel better but I didn't. (It didn't help that I was getting zero sleep so my body had no time to rest and recover...) Finally I went to the doctor (it was actually the first time I have ever gone to the doctor just because I didn't feel well) and it turns out I had really bad bronchitis. I seriously was sooo sick and coughing so bad that I didn't think I would survive! There were a few days where I just sat on the ground and cried because both kids were crying and I felt so sick. Anyways...enough of that. But I was able to get some medicine and after another week I finally started to feel better. Needless to say, not much happened the first few weeks after I had Kale. We survived. That's about it!

So about Kale...His doctor doesn't do month appointments, but at two weeks he weighed 10 lbs 3 oz and was 21 3/4 inches long. I'm not sure of the percentages, but I'm pretty sure it's high! In our ward, he was the fourth baby born this year (by Feb. 7th---FOURTH baby!) and he is way bigger than the other 3 babies who are older than him.

He is a super snugly baby, which I love!

He has acid reflux, which I do not love. We both smell like throw up all the time and pretty much have it on our clothes everyday. I try to catch most of his throw up with burp cloth, but sometimes I think he is done after spitting up 3 times and I put the burp cloth away and then he will do it again. Poor little guy is pretty fussy all the time because of it. I hate it because you can just tell he is hurting. We've tried lots of things to help him but nothing is really working, so if any of you have any helpful hints, that would be awesome!

He doesn't sleep super well yet, but hopefully that will change! Okay--sorry for the rambling. I know this doesn't make sense, but my brain doesn't do well on zero sleep!


Getting kisses from Mylin! Much more enjoyable than when she sits on him.


The next two pictures are pretty similar, but they crack me up because he always has this little scowl! Mylin was always a smiley baby so it's funny to see these scowls.



8 comments:

  1. Oh Tori, you poor thing! I imagine having two babies would be so hard to adjust to and then being deathly sick on top of that?! Oh man, I am glad you survived because I likely would not have. I hope you had family there to help...?

    Love these scowl pictures. That was so Rivers as a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori! That sounds so rough. I got sick after having Pacer too and it's so overwhelming when you are trying to handle two. Good luck though. It gets better.

    So Carter had acid reflux also. We tried Zantac and that did nothing. Once we started Prevacid he did way better. He still spit up, but much less and he seemed to be in less pain. He also ended up having an intolerance for my breast milk and did way better on formula. Hopefully that isn't the case with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scowl! So cute! Glad you are feeling better, that sounds horrible! I like the pics of Mylin feeding the ducks, her chasing stance is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are feeling better and of course it's fun to see your little (or not so little) chunky boy! I read an article about chiropractic adjustments helping with acid reflux. Before you freak out and think of your baby's popping bones, it's not like that at all. Baby's bodies are so loose that given the right pressure (which is small) in the right place everything just slips into alignment. You tube it or Google Acid reflux and chiropractic. Or here is an article from my chiropractor. http://www.ashley-chiropractic.com/Infant-Acid-Reflux.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are superwoman! It's crappy to be sick anytime... but with two babies, that would be awful. You amaze me.

    Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! He is almost Tim's twin- I love it!! I just texted you about Hadley's reflux but she was also Prevacid also...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such CUTE pictures!!! I can't believe how sick you have been. That is truly the worst because you want to enjoy them and you feel so crummy. Love and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kale does look like a little Timmy. Glad Mylin loves him so much. Glad the meds worked and you got feeling better. Hope you can get Kale's refux under control.

    ReplyDelete