Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Joys of Having A Big Sister

Kale had jaundice pretty bad after he got home, so the doctor sent over the jaundice biliruben light machine thing. He had to be on the lights for four days "all day except when feeding". (And when I felt like he just needed some time off to be snuggled!) He had to go get blood work done three days in a row. It is the saddest thing when they have to take blood from their arms. We had to do that with Mylin too, and it is not fun. He also had to get blood work done to check his Carnitine levels (to check for that weird deficiency I have and Mylin had). I also had to get a urine sample from him to get tested. Which was...an experience! Thankfully Tim's mom was here to help me with that! Anyways...Kale's first few days home were pretty crazy, but luckily he had his big sister to take care of him!

(The blue glowing underneath him is from the lights)

I was in the other room and came back and Mylin had put her blanket on him (she does not like to share her blanket!) and had pushed a chair next to him and was pushing him in the swing. It was seriously the cutest thing ever!


The big sister!
The lights...
Mylin made sure he wasn't alone with the lights.

Seriously every time I turned around, there was another toy in with him and the lights! We put Kale in the swing with the lights because he seemed to like it there the best. He was not a fan of the lights at first.



Even when he's napping, Mylin doesn't want him to be alone! I guess sleeping with dolls is what happens when you have a big sister!



3 comments:

  1. Gannon had to be on the lights too but his were green. We called him our kryptonite baby! :) I'm so glad mylin has warmed up to him. It's adorable that she loads him up with her babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mylin is just like Katie was when we brought Mike home. It is so fun to watch them bond. Kale sure does look like Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh congrats on the new lil guy!! I havent been on my blog in forever I had no idea you had him!!!..He is soo...cute I love his name!! Mylin and him will be best buds!!! Tatum and Tripp are inseperable they are seriously best friends its so fun!!!..You look so good in your hosiptal pics I always looked like a swollen monster and like I just went through you know what hahaha...!!Your gonna be one busy lady real soon boys keep you on your toes thats for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete